Welcome!

Welcome to Fjeld Township, a blog about Nelson County, North Dakota ancestors, especially those from Field and Rugh townships. Other genealogies will be welcome and explored as well. As long as they are Nelson County genealogies, that is. I have chosen to call this blog Fjeld Township after my ancestors from Field Township. I am a direct descendant of Ingri (Mælum Av Lie) Fjeld and her son, Martin Fjeld, both of whom can be found in the 1885 Dakota Territory census. They left Bruflat subparish in Sør Aurdal (now part of Etnedal) in Oppland, Norway in March of 1882 aboard the feeder ship Angelo. They arrived in Boston and settled in Field Township, North Dakota. Allied families include, but are not limited to, the Stigens and Ruses, all of Bruflat.

I welcome your comments and suggestions and, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Feel free to sign my guestbook. I also welcome new additions to my findings and will be happy to accept any information you have on the families I list in Fjeld Township. I am also open to fellow bloggers who would like to contribute to this blog by becoming one of its bloggers and contributors.

Expect random acts of genealogical kindness, complete with sources, listed as footnotes (with links, where appropriate) at the bottom of posts.

Comments